Ausangate 5 Days
Ausangate 5 Days
It is alternative and challenging hiking around the majestic Ausangate Mountain (6271 m.a.s.l) south east of Cusco. Ausangate is one of the most important of the Inca period. For many centuries, the Andean people of Peru have maintained several ancestral elements. One area that has experienced little change is the Andean community of Ausangate.
This trip is designed for the purpose of participating in a fabulous trip which offers a good opportunity to combine culture, customs and spectacular landscapes and diverse geography, geology, erosion, melting the white peak, wildlife, flora and quaint customs of the settlers of the Peruvian Andes, where they can appreciate and enjoy for the whole tour in the Alpine areas of Cusco.
The trip will offer experiences that will never be forgotten, to gain insight into the depths of the Peruvian soul and to consider people living in the Andes in their natural life.
DAY 1 : CUSCO - OCONGATE - TINQUI -UPIS- PUKACOCHA
DAY 2: PUKACOCHA - JAMPA
DAY 3: JAMPA - KOMERQOCHA - PACHASPATA
DAY 4: PACHASPATA - PACCHANTA
DAY 5: PACCHANTA - TINKI - CUSCO
- Transfer in – out: Cusco – Tinki - Cusco (local public bus)
- Guide: Professional English and Spanish speaking guide; 2 guides for groups over 12 people
- Cook: In charge of meal preparation
- Horsemen and horses: Carry tents, cooking equipment and also carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max. 6 kilos/ 13 lbs per person)
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts/4Lunches/4 Dinners/Snacks and afternoon tea
- Equipment: tents ( 2 people in each 3-person-capacity ), Therm-a-rest sleeping pad, dinner tent, Special biodegradable bathroom tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Breakfast the 1st day, usually hotels offer this service
- Sleeping bag