DAY 1: CUSCO - HUAROCONDO - SOCMA - PEROLNIYOC
We will pick you up at your hotel and then travel by private bus to the community of Huarocondo, where we will visit the village's beautiful colonial church. Then, we will descend to the community of Socma, where we will start our trek up to the archaeological site of Perolniyoc. Perolniyoc is located above a waterfall, and from there we will trek up to the small community of the same name, and make camp for the night.
DAY 2: PEROLNIYOC INCA CANAL
In the morning we will climb up to the first pass at 4,500 meters/14,764 feet above sea level. From that point, we will descend again to the Mama Cona lagoon. We will hike through another beautiful mountain pass where there is an ancient Incan canal that still transports water to the Cachicata quarry. The canal is 17 km/10.5 miles long and is considered one of the most important engineering achievements in the region. We will also be able to admire the Urubamba and Vilcabamba mountain ranges. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
DAY 3: INCA CANYON - CACHICATA
We start our trek for the day by following a little creek, which will take us to the Inca Canyon. Next, we will hike to the Intiwatana archaeological complex where an altar was built facing Veronica mountain. From that point, we will enjoy a spectacular view of the Sacred Valley and the Urubamba River. Continuing our trek, we will make our way to the Inca quarry of Cachicata. There, we can see how the Incas cut and transported the huge stones that were used to build the archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo. Descending into the Sacred Valley, we will admire the Inca cemetery and what was once the town for the Incan quarry workers. We will make camp for the night in the town of Cachicata. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
DAY 4: OLLANTAYTAMBO - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
Early in the morning, we will go to the Ollantaytambo station and take the train to the town of Aguas Calientes, right at the foot of the majestic Machu Picchu mountain. From Aguas Calientes, we take a bus up to the sanctuary-city of Machu Picchu and enjoy a professional-guided tour. In the afternoon, we will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes and board our train back to Cusco. * Campsites are subject to change according to our guide's criterion and the evolution of the group.
- Transportation by bus from: Cusco to Huarocondo
- Train ticket: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- Ticket: entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Backpacker Train Service: from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Professional Guide: English speaking
- Cook: In charge of meal preparation
- Horsemen and Horses: to carry tents, food and cooking equipment
- Plus 1 emergency horse
- Horses can carry: your backpack for a maximum of 6 kg/ 13 lbs
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 Snacks (candies, juice, cookies & fruit)
- Equipment: tents (2 people in each, 3-person-capacity), sleeping pad, dinner tent, special biodegradable bathroom tent, kitchen tent, shower tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Transportation: from train station to hotel
- Breakfast (day 1), usually the hotels offer this service
- Sleeping bag