DAY 1: CUSCO – CALCA - QUISWARANI - YANACOCHA
We leave from Cusco early in the morning by bus and travel through the Sacred Valley, stopping in Calca for a break, then we continue driving for 3 more hours to Qiswarani (3700 m.a.s.l), we will pass through some communities in the way enjoying the landscapes that this area can offers us. There we will meet our arrieros (horsemen) and start with our trek, going up gradually until 4200 meters, a nice lagoon is located there, after a short break we go up little bit more until the first pass. Hualcacassa (4425 m.a.s.l), from there we have a nice view of some snow peaks and 7 lagoons, then go down to our lunch place. After recovering energy we will ascend to our second pass, Qolqecasa (4200 m.a.s.l), from there is only 30 minutes walking downhill until our campsite, called Yanacocha (3800 m.a.s.l.) L/D
DAY 2: YANACOCHA – HUACAWASI - MANTANAY
After breakfast, we will start our second day, going down for almost 2 hours we will see Andean farmers and their traditional houses, products growing up, some animals from the area as the lamas, then we will start to ascend for 3 hours to the highest point of our trek, Auroracassa (4600 m.a..s.l.), after a well deserved rest, we will descend until our second campsite, Mantanay (3850 m.a.s.l). B/L/D
DAY 3: MANTANAY - YANUARA- OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES
This will be our last day of hike and the easiest one as well, we will descend passing through a nice Qeuñas bush valley (native one), enjoying the change of the landscapes, appreciating plantations of potatoes, corn, vegetables. Finally arrive in Yanuara, where we will have our last camping lunch. Here we will say good bye to the staff (cook, horsemen). We will continue using our transportation to Ollantaytambo. Situated in a fertile river valley and sheltered by mammoth mountains, this ancient Inca village is considered one of the most important living museums in the world. The group takes the train from there to Aguas Calientes and spends the night there in a comfortable hostel. B/L/D
DAY 4 : AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICHU - CUSCO
After an early breakfast, we'll take the bus to Machupicchu, we register and start on our 2 hour guided visit. After enjoying the remains, free time to enjoy the citadel, then at your best convenience take the bus down to Aguas Calientes, some free time and then take the train to comeback to Cusco. B
- Transfer in – out: Hotel – Qiswarani / train station - Hotel (private bus).
- Transfer: Yanahuara – Ollantaytambo (3rd day).
- Guide: Professional English and Spanish speaking guide; 2 guides for groups over 12 people.
- Cook: In charge of meal preparation.
- Horsemen and horses: Carry tents, cooking equipment and also carry backpacks, sleeping bags and mattresses (Max. 6 kilos/ 13 lbs per person).
- Emergency Horse: Just in case someone needs help.
- Ticket: Machupicchu.
- Bus ticket: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes (4th day).
- Hotel: Double accommodation in Aguas Calientes (3rd night).
- Train Service: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Cusco.
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts/3 Lunches/3 Dinners/Snacks and afternoon tea.
- Equipment: tents ( 2 people in each 3-person-capacity ), sleeping pad, dinner tent, toilet tent, kitchen tent, tables and chairs, table settings, first aid kit, including
- emergency oxygen bottle.
- Breakfast (day 1), usually the hotels offer this service.
- Sleeping bag.
- Tips ( Optional)